List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: KDE Standards - Menus - Edit
From:       zander () microweb ! nl
Date:       1999-09-22 17:59:42

> Find-Next can be disabled in the Menu when no Find action is currently active.
> Keyboard activation should still be possible though: A normal "Find" action should
> be activated in this case.
>
> It might be difficult to implement it like this and/or a bit inconsistent. That could be a reason
> to keep "Find Next" enabled in the menu as well.

You are proposing we teach the user to use something that is not always useful, by
giving him the option anyway.
Basics rule nr one; consistancy.

You are violating the consistancy rule in this way: at first try the find next will
pop up a window, next time this keyboard shortcut will do something else.

In this case let the user _always_ use the find shortcut. This always pops up a
window.

Get my drift?
--
Thomas Zander                                                zander@microweb.nl
Today, it's understood that of course you'll use a computer,