List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: OK/yes
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-09-17 13:34:16

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Derek wrote:

> What I am proposing is to ask the simplest question, and offer the
> simplest answers in all cases. Very often that will be a Yes/No type of
> question, because that is how people work in the real world. But OK has
> a place, just as a simple confirmation. It's doesn't often answer
> questions directly, which is why I don't like it, but it has a place.
> Same with Cancel. It has a place, just not as the direct answer to a
> simple question.

I like about Ok/Cancel that it makes it easy for the programer to guide
the user through a series of dialogs. So that the 99% default route is
determined by a number of Ok/Cancel type dialogs. This especially is true
if the dialog not simply asks yes/no questions but allows check boxes and
radio buttons to be clicked.

Regards,
 -- martin

// Martin Konold, Herrenbergerstr. 14, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
KDE:  A stable GUI for a reliable OS.