List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: [kde] Re: The KDE Free Qt Foundation
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1998-04-12 13:04:09

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998, Daniel Egger wrote:

> >Why don't you just spend your time optimizing KDE ?
>
>  I think the main reason for this slowness is Qt....

Can you give some benchmarks numbers?
I really, really do doubt your statement!

>  Hm, afterstep is a lot faster and I like it's design.

You mean afterstep is faster than kwm?
Did you make measurments? Are you comparing apples and oranges?

>  Problem: It doesn't integrate into the rest of KDE.... or should
>  I say KDE is not supposed to let another WM mange the windows?

Wrong!

Yours,
-- martin

Linus: "Microsoft makes bad programs but they have good user interfaces"
Stefan: "Even Linus can be wrong..."
Torben: "Linus is not wrong, but KDE people make VERY good user interfaces"
             *** KDE the choice of a GUI generation ***