List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: [kde] Re: The KDE Free Qt Foundation
From:       Daniel.Egger () t-online ! de (Daniel Egger)
Date:       1998-04-12 9:16:47

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, you wrote:

>Why don't you just spend your time optimizing KDE ?

 I think the main reason for this slowness is Qt....

>And calling KDE Big and slow is 1 thing.  but putting it in the
>same category as windows is a different mater entirely.

 Oh sorry.... Windows is considered to be a complete OS while
 KDE is only an Desktop environment.... with KDE and Qt needing
 more than 40 MB on my harddisk that's just a bit to less....

>I multiboot
 just about every major consumer X86 OS out there and
>Linux plus
 KDE can still run rings around all of them on my corent PC.
>Even FVWM isn't noticeably faster.

 Hm, afterstep is a lot faster and I like it's design.
 Problem: It doesn't integrate into the rest of KDE.... or should
 I say KDE is not supposed to let another WM mange the windows?

--

Servus,
       Daniel