List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: [kde] Re: The KDE Free Qt Foundation
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1998-04-11 23:54:23

Daniel Egger wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, you wrote:
>
> >Too bad.  I like KDE.  I haven't been able to get GNOME working but
> >I bet I will like it too once I do ( I'll try again in 2 weeks.
>
>  Both of them have at least one big disadvantage:
>  KDE is too fat (like windows) just because of the
>  huge toolkit and the unavailibility of a compiler that produces
>  effective and small code from C++ source....
>  GNOME is far too slow and too ugly....
>
>  Who wants to build a new one with me? :))

Why don't you just spend your time optimizing KDE ?
And calling KDE Big and slow is 1 thing.  but putting it in the
same category as windows is a different mater entirely.  I multiboot
just about every major consumer X86 OS out there and Linux plus
KDE can still run rings around all of them on my corent PC.
Even FVWM isn't noticeably faster.

--
A computer without Windows 95 and Internet Explorer is like
a piece of chocolate cake without Catsup and Mustard.