List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kde doesn't load sony 'special keys' at boot?
From:       Andrew Kar <akar3d () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-01-26 13:40:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:36 am, Steve Turnbull wrote:
> Any ideas? Like I said before, booting into Gnome works fine???

Modules and daemons are started and loaded way before the system gets to the
point where it starts either KDE or Gnome. The kernel is not psychic and does
not know whether you are going to start KDE or Gnome so it cant go "Nah wont
start the daemon or load the module today coz he's goner use KDE"

 I would look closely at why it supposedly DOES work in Gnome and use that
knowledge to fix the problem or do the 3 ?'s in "Gnome works fine???" denote
that you are not really sure if it works?

Alternatively you could just modify your startkde script to run the daemon and
module whenever you start kde (and create the node if it isn't autocreated)

--
regards,
andrew