List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] kde doesn't load sony 'special keys' at boot?
From:       Steve Turnbull <sturnbull () dsl ! pipex ! com>
Date:       2005-01-26 10:36:09

Hi

I am running a Sony Vaio wich has various special FN keys and a DVD
eject button controlled by spicctrl, spic-tools and sonypidd.

My desktop manager is mainly KDE 3.3 on a Debian unstable OS.

Problem;
If I boot into Gnome, the sonypid daemon gets run and works fine, yet if
I boot into KDE, it doesn't? The daemon doesn't even get run.

I have added the correct parameters into /etc/modules.conf...

---
### update-modules: start processing /etc/modutils/sonypi
alias char-major-10-63 sonypi
options sonypi minor=63 mask=0x000C
### update-modules: end processing /etc/modutils/sonypi
---

... but this doesn't get run at boot? Or at least it doesn't seem to.

Another anomily is that even though I create a node in /dev (required
for sonypidd), it gets lost on reboot. I create it with;

mknod /dev/sonypi c 10 63

Any ideas? Like I said before, booting into Gnome works fine???

Cheers
Steve