List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Konqueror image loading slow on registration sites
From:       Jim Philips <jimmyc () speedfactory ! net>
Date:       2004-10-27 23:59:28

This is mostly based on impressions, but I believe that Konqueror gets
dramatically slower at loading images from sites that require registration. I
feel the pain at all of these sites:

http://www.ajc.com
http://www.washingtonpost.com
http://www.epicurious.com

Not only is the image loading extremely slow, but checking the "remember me"
function will cause logins to fail at epicurious.com and washingtonpost.com.
If you need a bogus login to see what I'm talking about, try:

http://www.bugmenot.com

I am running KDE 3.3.1, but earlier versions of Konqueror behaved much the
same way.