List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] /usr/share/applications/*.desktop
From:       jberthiaume () gniinc ! net
Date:       2004-10-27 20:23:39

Hi,

I'm using Slackware 10.0 and I'm creating a custom install for my office.

I checked a lot of tgz packages and many of them are creating .desktop files in \
/usr/share/applications/.

I would like to know what is the purpose of those file. Of course I know they are \
link to application in KDE but why they are in /usr/share/applications? Aren't they \
suppose to be in $KDEDIR/share/applnk/ to be in the menu. Then why  people create \
those in a different folder? Is this only a distro confusion from converting rpm to \
tgz?

So what is /usr/share/applications/ to KDE?

I hope I give enough information, if not just tell me I'll try to be clearer.

Thanks,

Jonny
--
Jonny Berthiaume