List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kde3.3.1 and gcc compatibility...
From:       "SV" <sitaram_v () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-27 18:33:25

And thats precisely the reason why I chose to build it from the sources!! If
I had installed the RPMS and then encountered the gcc incompatibility
problem, I would be trapped in a corner. By building from the sources and
installing it just in my home directory (using konstruct), and just
modifying certain environment variables, I am atleast able to back out to
the previous working version and continue my work.

- SV