List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] PLEASE HELP ME: Funny problem under KDE 3.1
From:       "Gaetano Sferra" <g.sferra.s2 () urmetsistemi ! it>
Date:       2004-07-29 12:19:50

Hello to all,
I know that I'm not using the lastest stable version of KDE but
I wish to avoid a tedious upgrade and a more tedious recompilation
and reinstallation of all KDE based softare so, this is the question:

When I start KDE applications (KMail, Control Center an more others),
taking KMail as example, and try to enter in the config dialog for the
first time, all works fine but, if I close the config dialog and try to
reopen it
again, the dialog show up and closes it immediatly. The only way to reopen
the dialog is to close KMail and restart it (and so I can open the config
dialog
another time). This problem is common to most KDE application included
in the installation, for applications installed by myself all works fine.
What I can do? What logs or report should I read to identify the problem
cause?

Note that I never have upgraded my KDE
(it is the version included in the Slackware 9.1) or Qt libs so cannot be an
erroneous compilation with different or oldest libraries.

Thank you for support,
Gaetano Sferra