List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Flash sites kill Konqueror / FireFox
From:       kde () schertell ! com
Date:       2004-07-29 12:01:52

On Thursday 29 July 2004 04:48 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> kde@schertell.com wrote:
> > I don't know when it started happening, but for some reason -- any
> > site that has any Flash content will immediately cause Konqueror or
> > FireFox to freeze.  I've reinstalled the latest Flash plug-in, but
> > still no good.  Using KDE 3.2.3 on Debian/Mepis
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Did you copy or link BOTH files to the correct directories?
>
> Do you have about a zillion plugin directories in the plugin scan
> box, or just the ones that you need/use?
>
> I suggest that you have a separate directory for Konqueror plugins
> rather than just using the ones for Mozilla or FireFox.

Hmmm.. no clue (where to look?)

I just apt-get installed flashplugin-nonfree -- didn't link anything
that I know of, don't know about multiple plug-in folders, etc.

But I discovered something today.  If I go into Konqueror
settings>>plug-ins and uncheck "use artsd for plug-ins" (or something
like that), Flash works fine although silently -- but at least it
doesn't crash my browser.  So it looks like I'm back to the the old 2.6
kernel vs. kde/artsd madness.

Cheers,
Sean

--