List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] what are crypto plug-ins?
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-07-26 15:49:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 26 July 2004 06:50, Trevor Smith wrote:
> On July 26, 2004 1:39 am, Pollywog wrote:
> > Try it with the plugin and then without and you will see the difference
> > better than I can explain it.  The plugin takes the work out of it, all
> > you do is download your mail and if you have the sender's key, Kmail
> > verifies the sig without the extra work.
>
> ?? There was no extra work without the plugin that I was aware of. Kmail
> verified all sigs that I had keys for. It also encrypted/decrypted
> seemlessly just with GnuPG. (Not attachments though.)

I think the GnuPG integration does only handle inline signatures, not MIME
mulitpart message where the signature is a separate, non visible, part of the
message body (like in this mail)

Moreover the plugins allow to have different encryption/signing mechanisms
available, for example based on certificates rather than self-generated key
pairs.

Cheers,
Kevin

--