List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] what are crypto plug-ins?
From:       Pollywog <linux-kde () shadypond ! com>
Date:       2004-07-26 15:35:36

This gives some information:

http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/
http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html#kmail

Without the plugin, I actually had errors when using encryption in kmail, but
IIRC the errors were gpg-agent related.   The hardest thing to do was get the
source for gpg-agent and compile it.  Eventually I found a website that had
Debian packages precompiled.

I find gpg-agent is most useful when I use Licq, it allows me to received
encrypted messages without repeatedly having to enter my passphrase and
without keeping my passphrase in my licq.conf in plaintext.

It was some time before I noticed that the lack of the cryptplug plugin can
sometimes be an inconvenience,  I did fine without it and installed it only
after Kmail complained when I wanted to sign messages.

8)