List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] doubts my linux
From:       Fergus Wilde <fwilde () chethams ! org ! uk>
Date:       2003-11-27 9:24:19

On Thursday 27 November 2003 00:28, Simone Pepe wrote:
> I got in my computer the linux system red hat, today I was trying to work
> on it and it started with some bugs, I donīt to much about the linux but I
> am trying to learn and the people who could help me
> are not avaiable.

Can you give us a bit more information on these problems or bugs?  I don't
think it will be easy for people to offer advice with what you have sent
here.

> Another thing is that when my linux re starts there is a bug in the clock.

Linux keep its own system time, and the motherboard also has a 'real time
clock' (RTC).  How these two relate to each other can be manipulated in
various ways, and deciding which is the best way depends on things like how
much time the computer spends attached to the internet.  Does the computer's
RTC keep good time?  You can look at the BIOS for this.

HTH
Fergus

> tks
>
> simone pepe