List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] KDE 3.1 is out
From:       John <lists () ansi-net ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 14:34:10

Thanks but I already got it working using QT 3.1.1.

The problem was that I was lazy and didn't take the time to compile QT and KDE
3.1 on my system (which takes 2+ hours for Qt and 10+ hours for KDE), so I
downloaded the slackware 8.1 unofficial binaries from KDE's website. It would
seem that those binaries are compiled with gcc 2.95 while I am using gcc 3.2,
which was the cause for my problems. Sorry to bother you all because of my
laziness and thanks for all of the help.

--John