List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] Problem with kio_*
From:       Norberto Bensa <nbensa () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 14:17:28

Hello,

I have this problem with kio_* slaves which I don't know how to fix.

kio_slaves never die. I mean, if I browse the web with Konqueror, read my
e-mail with KMail (I'm using IMAP,) or whatever task that needs a kio_slave,
I get tons of these:

        kdeinit: kio_imap4 imap /tmp/ksocket
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_imap4 imap /tmp/ksocket
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_http http /tmp/ksocket-
        kdeinit: kio_file file /tmp/ksocket-

And they never go away. After a while, my system becomes slow, at which point,
I need to kill them:

	KIOS=`ps ux | gawk '/kio_/ && !/gawk/ {print $2}'`; [ -n "${KIOS}" ] &&
 		kill -9 ${KIOS}

Shouldn't those kio_slaves time out and die? Where do I look for? I'm using
3.1 final. Yes, I've tried deleting my ~/kde directory, /tmp, ~/.DCOP*...
Nothing helps.

BTW, my CFLAGS are "-march=pentium3 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
-ffast-math" (compiling with -O2 didn't help.)

Thanks in advance,

--
Norberto Bensa
Tel: 11-4544-9692

--
"De la historia aprendimos que no aprendimos nada."
                             -- George Bernard Shaw