List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Perfect KDE system
From:       Andrew Graaff <andrew () sc ! rr ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 3:17:52

Well I am running KDE 3.1 on a 1gig PIII 256meg ram notebook.  I can turn all
the effects on and the system is still lightening.

I really don't think that KDE should limit itself to the lowest common
denominator.  Also as others have said previously it can run fine on lesser
machines.

I will add that KDE 3.0 rans faster for me that KDE 2.2.  I am sure that
improvements in the Kernel and compiler have something to do with this, but
the system is still faster than what the user running KDE 2.2 a year ago
would experience.

KDE 3.1 is faster than 3.0, so it looks like things are actually improving
with regard to speed.

I encourage KDE to keep improving the system as they have done so amazingly
well in the past year.

Andrew