List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] konqueror doesn't support 128-bit encryption?
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2003-01-01 23:21:41

Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 11:52, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>There is the remote possibility that you don't have the correct version of OpenSSL installed, or
>>if the page uses Java that you don't have the current version of Sun Java installed and
>>therefore lack the Java SSL extensions.
>>
>>The minimum version of OpenSSL is 0.9.6b.  You must have the 'b' version or newer.
>>

> James,
>    Thanks. Interesting ideas. I think there is Java involved as
> somewhere along the way I say a page that has a 'jhtml' file type.
>
>    Synaptic says I have openssl & openssl-devel 0.9.6b-28
>
>    Under the crypto configuration page, there is a tab for OpenSSL. I
> have nothing entered there in terms of a path to my OpenSSL shared
> libraries. Do you or others have anything specific entered there?
>
>    Do you know the name of the RPM that supplies Java on Redhat 7.3? (Or
> how I could figure that out?) 'locate java' returns too many things to
> be sensible.

I don't know if RedHat comes with Java.

You can get the RPM from Sun.  Go here:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html

I think that you will have to register to get there.

Choose: "Linux RPM in self-extracting file" and click in the first column: "JRE".

What you get is a self extracting file.  Make it executable, remove: ".exe" from the file name
if needed and run it.  After accepting the license agreement again, you will get an RPM.

--
JRT