List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] double shutdown
From:       Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon () decoulon ! ch>
Date:       2002-10-29 11:36:16

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 00:08, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> In the last line of: "inittab" do you have: "respawn" or "once".
>
> You probably have: "respawn" and I suggest that you try changing it to
> "once" and see it that fixes it.
>
> Otherwise, you probably have a problem in your startup scripts.
>
> What does the last line in: "inittab" call? -- a script??

The end of inittab /etc/inittab reads:

# Run gettys in standard runlevels
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

# Run xdm in runlevel 5
# xdm is now a separate service
x:5:respawn:/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon

I changed the last line to
x:5:once:/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon

but it did not change anything.
prefdm is a script to determine the displaymanager to run.

Thierry

Thierry de Coulon - tcoulon@decoulon.ch
web site: http://www.decoulon.ch