List:       kde-linux
Subject:    RE: [kde-linux] KDE's performance
From:       "Christian Herzyk" <christian () systrade ! de>
Date:       2002-01-30 15:07:43

> From: kde-linux-admin@mail.kde.org
> [mailto:kde-linux-admin@mail.kde.org]On Behalf Of Frans Englich
>
> >On Wednesday 30 January 2002 00:28, Thorsten Körner wrote:
> >> What do you mean with objprelink. I couldn't find anything in the
> >> docs.
> >
> >Have a look at http://leon.bottou.com/objprelink .
> >
> >If you want to use objprelink with KDE, you have to recompile Qt and KDE
> >(using the --enable-objprelink configure switch). If you are
> interested in
> >optimizing KDE, you have to have a look at one of Akar`s great postings:
>
> No, I'm not interested in optimizing KDE's performance in that
> way. I want KDE
> to have good performance _without_ all the objprelink and such.
>
> In other words; Do you really think that people should be hackers to have
> decent performance? Does the distributions come with QT/KDE packages
> objprelinked? That's really what matters in my opinion..

I didn't try it personally, but it seems that at least the SuSE packages of
KDE 2.2.2 for SuSE 7.3 have objprelink enabled.
This is quite a new feature, so it is not used by most of the distris around
today. But I am quite sure that all/most future versions will have
objprelink enabled.

Regards

Chris