List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Konqueror problems detailed
From:       Carlos =?iso-8859-15?q?Arig=F3s?= <carigos () infovia ! com ! ar>
Date:       2002-01-30 16:28:32

El Miércoles 30 Enero 2002 03:25, Rob Blomquist escribió:
> I have posted a few times to this list regarding some problems that I am
> having with Konq not properly opening either by clicking a link in KMail,
> or when it opens from the toolbar.
(...)
> Basically, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But it always seems
> to work from root.
> Any ideas on how to fix what is going on? I am clueless how to attack this
> problem.

Hi Rob! The same problem here. The solution: just go to /home/<you>, and to
/tmp, and delete all thats MCOPS and DCOPS stuffs.

Try deleting in /tmp, any files/directorys such as
ksocket-username and mcop-username? also perhaps any files in ~/starting
.DCOPserver?

This has sometimes worked for me.

Carlos