List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] KDE's performance
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2002-01-30 14:27:40

>On Wednesday 30 January 2002 00:28, Thorsten Körner wrote:
>> What do you mean with objprelink. I couldn't find anything in the
>> docs.
>
>Have a look at http://leon.bottou.com/objprelink .
>
>If you want to use objprelink with KDE, you have to recompile Qt and KDE
>(using the --enable-objprelink configure switch). If you are interested in
>optimizing KDE, you have to have a look at one of Akar`s great postings:

No, I'm not interested in optimizing KDE's performance in that way. I want KDE
to have good performance _without_ all the objprelink and such.

In other words; Do you really think that people should be hackers to have
decent performance? Does the distributions come with QT/KDE packages
objprelinked? That's really what matters in my opinion..

regards,
Frans