List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Re: FreeQt concerns
From:       Alan Cox <alan () cymru ! net>
Date:       1998-04-05 14:56:52

> There is already a derivative in erly development.  FreeQT,
> This debate is started because a few people have seen where the LGPL
> would hurt Troll Tech.  This is not a good thing.

It's a fine thing. Troll Tech are a commerical organisation in a capitalist
world. If a rival product free or otherwise sends them under then they were
inferior and should have vanished. Thats the capitalist ethos.

[And yes I consider GPL and other free software to be as part of the
capitalist world as everything else. Free software exists outside of the
hobbyist/tech geek environment because it is provides facilities not
otherwise available at an acceptable cost [not just price to buy]].

Alan