List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Change ?
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1998-03-10 21:20:49

Sergey I. Panov wrote:

> > Gnome just didn't like to hang with the KDE crowd.  To do so would make
> > them feel bad.
>
>  Gnome people are less agressive then KDE crowd. (That is my own
> observation.)
>
> > They just thought they could challenge KDE.  However The Gimp is
> > currently 70% of Gnome ( IMHO ).
>
>  Gimp is not a part of Gnome (yet?). It is just using the same
> toolkit. Gtk version of MC may become the cornerstone of GNOME. With
> it in place, the gap between KDE and GNOME will be virually
> eliminated. I also (quietly) hope that LyX team would chose Gtk-- as
> their new toolkit.

This is why I said IMHO.  I new it was not based on fact ... just
a massive guess ( Gnome will incorporate Gimp ).
This is a good thing.  The fewer desktop developers out there the
better ... If They could all try to set different priorities then
what it will mean is that early on users will be forced to mix
products from different groups ... later on they can split.
--
"Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."