List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: discussions section on website ?
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-08-24 9:08:13

Am Die, 24 Aug 1999 schrieb Matthias Elter:
> > Another point is the GIMP plugin support. IMHO we should have this. This could
> > be made by running a GIMP-server in the background. How is the intention of the
> > users ? We can not and will not implement the hundreds of GIMP functions in
> > KIS. This is impossible. What do the users think of running a server in the
> > background. Otherwise we have to drop this feature.
>
> Have you thought about the implementation of this? I agree GIMP plugin support
> would be more than "nice" but:
>
> 1) there are more important things to do right now.
> 2) IMHO it's a bad idea to let users vote on a vague idea (GIMP server running
> in background) without even knowing for sure this can be done.

1) Perhaps some users can give us hints for implementation.
2) The GIMP-people are working on a standalone server without GUI. For now I
don't know more. I will contact them. I GIMP-plugin developer gave me this idea
on LinuxTag'99.

> > Maximum of undo/redo steps: I think we should provide a infinite undo depth.
> > This should be adjustable in PreferencesDialog. Some steps are in memory,
> > further are saved on disk. How many should be hold in mem ?
>
> I agree with you that a discussion section on the web site is a good idea. But
> isn't it a bit to early for this? Do we have a at least partly useable KIS
> around?

We should have this as early as possible. Perhaps we can exclude some design
problems by this way, when we know what the users want.

--
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch