List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: discussions section on website ?
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-08-24 8:43:54

> Another point is the GIMP plugin support. IMHO we should have this. This could
> be made by running a GIMP-server in the background. How is the intention of the
> users ? We can not and will not implement the hundreds of GIMP functions in
> KIS. This is impossible. What do the users think of running a server in the
> background. Otherwise we have to drop this feature.

Have you thought about the implementation of this? I agree GIMP plugin support
would be more than "nice" but:

1) there are more important things to do right now.
2) IMHO it's a bad idea to let users vote on a vague idea (GIMP server running
in background) without even knowing for sure this can be done.

> Maximum of undo/redo steps: I think we should provide a infinite undo depth.
> This should be adjustable in PreferencesDialog. Some steps are in memory,
> further are saved on disk. How many should be hold in mem ?

I agree with you that a discussion section on the web site is a good idea. But
isn't it a bit to early for this? Do we have a at least partly useable KIS
around?

Greetings, Matthias

--
Matthias Elter