List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: discussions section on website ?
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-08-24 8:39:21

Am Sam, 21 Aug 1999 schrieb Jeremy Blosser:
> >%_Michael Koch [m_koch@bigfoot.de] wrote:
> > >
> > > How do you mean?  If you mean something with a form or interactive
> > > discussion, I don't think we can do that on that server.  If you just mean
> > > to ask them to mail suggestions, I don't know how that's really different
> > > from what is there now.
> > >
> > > Please explain.
> >
> > I mean the second one. We can put there some features that in our minds but we
> > have problems with, e.g. the color-problem I've written of. The people can give
> > us suggestions, reasons, beginnings for our discussions. We can show them
> > actual problems we have.
>
> Ok, give me a list of things you want feedback on and I'll add it and add a
> note in the KOffice news section for people to look at it.

The most important thing is the bits per color problem. IMHO (and Carsten's) we
should provide 16bit-per-color support.

Another point is the GIMP plugin support. IMHO we should have this. This could
be made by running a GIMP-server in the background. How is the intention of the
users ? We can not and will not implement the hundreds of GIMP functions in
KIS. This is impossible. What do the users think of running a server in the
background. Otherwise we have to drop this feature.

Maximum of undo/redo steps: I think we should provide a infinite undo depth.
This should be adjustable in PreferencesDialog. Some steps are in memory,
further are saved on disk. How many should be hold in mem ?

I don't know any further points at the moment.

Ciao,
Michael
--
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch