List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: undo/redo
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-08-18 18:54:49

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Michael Koch wrote:
> > Hmnn, yes, if you want to. But the undo/redo dialog has very low priority. More
> > important stuff are the tabbar (multiple image views in a view) and some work
> > on the canvas. I'm working on a color chooser dialog but I decided to put it on
> > hold and concentrate on the canvas for the next time. IMO it's also time to
> > implement save/load (basic image formats only, load/save through kimgio),
> > adding new and deleting layers.
>
> I wrote it on my personal TODO list. I want to put it into KO-libs.
>
> I'm interested in adding/deleting/merging layers. I will Do this soon.

Great :-)

> Matthias: Have you investigated the GIMP fileformat ?

Yes. We don't use it. I see no sence in using XCF. It does not 100% fit our
needs and I don't think that the GIMP developers cooperate with us on changing
it to fit our needs. We better stick with defining our own XML based file
format. But feel to try to convince me to use XCF. I have tons of arguments
against it in peto. :-)

--
Matthias Elter
me@kde.org / me@main-echo.net