List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: undo/redo
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-08-18 19:16:12

Am Mit, 18 Aug 1999 schrieb Matthias Elter:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Michael Koch wrote:
> > > Hmnn, yes, if you want to. But the undo/redo dialog has very low priority. More
> > > important stuff are the tabbar (multiple image views in a view) and some work
> > > on the canvas. I'm working on a color chooser dialog but I decided to put it on
> > > hold and concentrate on the canvas for the next time. IMO it's also time to
> > > implement save/load (basic image formats only, load/save through kimgio),
> > > adding new and deleting layers.
> >
> > I wrote it on my personal TODO list. I want to put it into KO-libs.
> >
> > I'm interested in adding/deleting/merging layers. I will Do this soon.
>
> Great :-)
>
> > Matthias: Have you investigated the GIMP fileformat ?
>
> Yes. We don't use it. I see no sence in using XCF. It does not 100% fit our
> needs and I don't think that the GIMP developers cooperate with us on changing
> it to fit our needs. We better stick with defining our own XML based file
> format. But feel to try to convince me to use XCF. I have tons of arguments
> against it in peto. :-)

I'm not the counsel for defence of GIMP.   ;-)
(Anwalt des Angeklagten)

I tried to use a XML-format with KImage. There are many problems:

E.g. saving binary data in text file. UUencoding takes much time and space.
Perhaps we should choose a binary format.

Ciao,
Michael

P.S.: Do you know KPixmapEffect and the programming of it ?
--
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch