List:       kde-kdoc
Subject:    Re: KDoc patch - Objective-C support added to document extraction tool
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-10-27 13:30:05

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Richard Dale wrote:
[snip]
> I have:
>
> duke 1050% kdoc -v
> kdoc: 1.17  (c) Torben Weis, Sirtaj S. Kang
>
> Oh dear! Are there significant differences - have I worked on the wrong one
> then?

There are big differences! kdoc 2.0 alpha is a complete rewrite and is
available from the CVS kdoc module or from

	http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~ssk/kde/kdoc/

.. but there is good news. The parser is much easier to work with. OTOH I
have no experience with ObjC and have never seen a single line of ObjC
code, so I don't know exactly how difficult it will be to add your stuff.

The parser works something like this:

read a decl:
	read a line
	discard if macro, comment or blank
	read and parse doc comment if /**
	accumulate
	end if ; or {

identify decl:
	match decl with various regexps (eg class/struct/function etc)
	call handler for that decl type

if ObjC declarations are also terminated with ; or { it should not be too
hard to incorporate them into the parser.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne	The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"