List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Re: Talk with Lars Knoll [ENGLISH]
From:       Stefan Schimanski <1Stein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-10-25 20:34:06

On Wednesday 25 October 2000 19:57, Thomas wrote:
> I remember a discussion on kde-devel some weeks ago, where the suggestion
> was made to add some stuff in the DOM elements. Every element would for
> example have things like an X and Y coord, which can be used to render a
> page a second time. This would also be reflected in the cached version so
> reloading of a cached html would be super fast.
>
> While I like the idea I think it can be used as a solve to the problem
> discussed in the schimmi <-> lars irc.
>
> Yes I think that is part of the solve allready suggested by schimmi. I
> think that extra info is just a nice extra push in the direction to adding
> a way for extended attributes in the DOM.

I've finally gotten kafka to work and played around with the DOM<->html
conversion. I don't know whether it is a problem of the information storage
in the DOM or the kafka code, but some pages are corrupted after conversion
from DOM to html. But I'm sure this can be repaired.

Keeping all information in the DOM would definitely decrease the complexity
compared to my idea of another data structure.

Schimmi

--
#! /bin/sh
for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \