List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Tokenizer
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-10-25 20:37:53

Hello,

Thanks Stefan for translating the Schimi/Lars conversation.

From my understanding of the conversation, it sounds like Schimmi is talking
about building a layer that first of all contains the output of the DOM, and
secondly contains further unknown DOM elements.

It seems that the main issue at hand is that there is no way of knowing to
refresh normal DOM tree when the token buffer DOM tree is updated. Am I right?

I have a few questions about this:

  - How will the normal DOM tree and the tokenizer DOM fit together to form
the same tree and representation of the document.

  - when you say there are unknown tags to be used by the tokenizer, do you
mean that it will parse each line of a <SCRIPT> block for example putting
each scriping line into the enhanced tokenizer DOM? If this were the case we
could have a WYSIWYG interface to building scripts also. :-)

  - when you say that the tokenizer will generate tokens, how will this work?
I have no idea of how the DOM implementation in KHTML works, and I assume it
tokenizes things also, but could you expand on how this works. :-)

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - jono@kde.org
KDE/Qt Developer - Founder of Linux UK