List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Re: license change
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-10 15:33:10

On Monday 10 December 2001 14:03, Holger Freyther wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to change the license headers in all files but don't have the right
> to do this. Basicly I want change either Version 2 or any later in Version
> 2. So we don't what will version 3 will be a like. Will Richard Stallman
> make kde illegal in version 3? I wan't to avoid those problems with this
> statement. Niko/jowenn ok with you

Don't be paranoid. If the RMS would prohibit KDE like projects, KDE itself
would get in trouble anyway as most of kdebase for example is GPL licensed.

Additionally you are always free to release the next version under a different
license.

So I see no need for starting such an unnecessary FUD.

And AFAIK a program with a modified GPL header is (strickly speaking) not a
valid GPL-licensed program.

Cheers,

</daniel>

--