List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Re: license change
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-12-10 15:37:27

Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2001 17:29 schrieb Daniel Molkentin:
> On Monday 10 December 2001 14:03, Holger Freyther wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I want to change the license headers in all files but don't have the
> > right to do this. Basicly I want change either Version 2 or any later in
> > Version 2. So we don't what will version 3 will be a like. Will Richard
> > Stallman make kde illegal in version 3? I wan't to avoid those problems
> > with this statement. Niko/jowenn ok with you
>
> Don't be paranoid. If the RMS would prohibit KDE like projects, KDE itself
> would get in trouble anyway as most of kdebase for example is GPL licensed.
If I think what happened with the glibc and different things I wouldn't call
myself paranoid.
Guess why linux relicensed many parts to GPL2 and even Linus started with it
for a good reason.

> Additionally you are always free to release the next version under a
> different license.
GPL2/LPGL2

> So I see no need for starting such an unnecessary FUD.
>

> And AFAIK a program with a modified GPL header is (strickly speaking) not a
> valid GPL-licensed program.
why I put my Programs under GPL Version 2. It's valid licensed program. It's
much better for me than GPL 2 or the new favor of some one else