List:       kde-java
Subject:    [Kde-java] Qt bindings hang with gcj
From:       Thomas Kuhn <t_kuhn () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-08-22 0:47:27

Hi,

I just compiled the qt bindings for java from kdebindings with gcj. Compiling
of the native part and linking worked after two minor changes (2x include
<stdio.h> added and two typecasts, and defining tree constants in gjc's
jni.h) - I don't think that broke anyting. Compiling the java source files
worked without problems. But when I try to run the examples they don't behave
correctly.

For example the Signalforwarder hangs (no repaints etc, window shows up with
button inside but the button won't be repainted when I move the window uout
of the screen and back etc). I have recompiled a qt 2.3.1 for gcc3,
Scribblewindow hangs when unchanged, when I comment everything out except the
main method it works (showing an empty window). I think something with signal
/ slots goes wrong...

When I just compile the java files that come with qtjava and use the
precompiled binary native library (with the qt binary that comes with kde2.2)
exactly the same error occours.

Has anybody else the same Problem ?

Greetings, Thomas