List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Bug Report or Bugreport
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-02 8:33:57

Nachricht von Vampyr am Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2001 10:01:

> As I've said before, writing in US English amounts to
> spelling everything wrong on purpose for me, and
> probably for some of the other writers.  It's *hard*
> and if we have settled on US English as the standard,
> a US English native speaker would definitely be the
> best bet for proofreading.

Maybe it could even help us to revive the en_GB (UK English) team? It's a
long-standing wish to have a full UK English version, too. So why not use
your UK english docs for this version and let Malcolm (or whomever) create an
US version for KDE standard?

As you know, there also showed somebody up who would like to maintain the
en_GB team (see CC). If we could bring together somehow the "translation"
from the US version to the UK version with the proofreading effort we could
solve a lot of things in one go.

Regards,

Thomas

--