List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Bug Report or Bugreport
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-02 8:52:45

On Wednesday, 2. May 2001 10:33, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> Nachricht von Vampyr am Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2001 10:01:
> > As I've said before, writing in US English amounts to
> > spelling everything wrong on purpose for me, and
> > probably for some of the other writers.  It's *hard*
> > and if we have settled on US English as the standard,
> > a US English native speaker would definitely be the
> > best bet for proofreading.
>
> Maybe it could even help us to revive the en_GB (UK English) team? It's a
> long-standing wish to have a full UK English version, too. So why not use
> your UK english docs for this version and let Malcolm (or whomever) create
> an US version for KDE standard?
>
> As you know, there also showed somebody up who would like to maintain the
> en_GB team (see CC). If we could bring together somehow the "translation"
> from the US version to the UK version with the proofreading effort we could
> solve a lot of things in one go.
I don't think that will work out. We need to keep the US english docs the
main ones, otherwise we get in deep trouble. Of course it's a pain in the
neck to spell incorrectly, but if they are proofread, you get very fast the
things you have to look for.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.