List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE Glossary
From:       Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-05-01 13:04:14

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 12:35, Eric Bischoff wrote:

> > >If it's stored in kdebase/doc/khelpcenter, then it will automatically be
> > >translated via the poxml mechanism, no?
> >
> > I hope so. But I'm unsure after reading the following in Frerich's
> > announcement:
> >
> > ---
> > Two issues have come up so far:
> >
> > a) As I expect the glossary to become rather big as people add
> > entries, I divided it into several sections, each section
> > corresponding to a letter in the alphabet. This might become
> > problematic for the translators as the translated expressions
> > probably start with a different letter and should therefore be moved
> > to the respective section of the glossary. This is only possible by
> > editing the docbook by hand, so the po2xml stuff cannot be used for
> > the glossary AFAICS. Any ideas how to solve this?
> > ---
>
> Another reason for not organizing it by letter ;-)

Lauri pointed out on IRC that many of the expressions themselves won't get
translated at all, just the explanations. I'm not quite sure in how far this
is valid, though. In any case, it'd nullify that paragraph a).

- Frerich

--
int m,u,e=0;float l,_,I;main() {for(;e<1863; putchar((++e>924&&952>
e?60-m:u) ["\n .:ed.xmg@ebaarhcirerf:.   ]"])) for(u=_=l=0;(m=e%81)