List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE Glossary
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-02 5:05:10

On Tue, 1 May 2001 15:04:14 +0200, Frerich Raabe wrote:

>Lauri pointed out on IRC that many of the expressions themselves won't get
>translated at all, just the explanations. I'm not quite sure in how far this
>is valid, though.

Judging from your example file I'd say that quite a lot of your terms
are usually translated by several language teams. But there's also a
lot of users around who stick to the original terms and don't recognize
the translated terms on first sight. And sometimes the translations are
not / can not be consequently used.

So it would be great if the glossary could also provide a system of
cross-references for cases when the same explanation belongs to
different terms.

Regards,

Thomas

---