List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: character (font?) problems
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-01-30 19:16:07

Marko Rosic wrote:

> Today Stephan Kulow wrote:
>
> | Is this fixed when you set the LANG as Tinkl said?
>
> Yes... LANG with charset on the end... I don't know about that LC... I
> even don't know what it does, but now everything works finaly :)
>
> I have KDE from CVS copiled week ago, and qt-copy on Slackware 7.0.
>
> We realy must do something with 2.1 release regarding this matter, it's
> bad promotion if 1.x version works better than 2.x :)

Hmm, it might be fixed if we export the LC_TYPE variable, but I'm afraid
that it's the X server reading this. Can you try something? Don't set LANG
or LC_TYPE, start your KDE session, open a konsole, export the variables
as said and then start kwrite to see if it works.

I know we added a hack to kxkb to set the encoding Qt should use for
characters you type, but I guess you're not using kxkb, right?

Greetings, Stephan

--
It's my true belief that people having wishes for the bug report tool
and report it to the author haven't got the idea behind open source.