List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: character (font?) problems
From:       Marko Rosic <roske () mainstream ! co ! yu>
Date:       2001-01-30 21:41:37

Today Stephan Kulow wrote:

| Hmm, it might be fixed if we export the LC_TYPE variable, but I'm afraid
| that it's the X server reading this. Can you try something? Don't set LAN=
| or LC_TYPE, start your KDE session, open a konsole, export the variables
| as said and then start kwrite to see if it works.

You're right can't be aded later... without these vars I canot type
normaly, only ? signs show up. But the strange thing is Trash is not
displaying ? sign but =E6 and that is what you see when you have only latin=
1
fonts. When I add LANG variable ? mark shows up again.

As far as I could see, everything works without LC_TYPE var. As I said I
don't know what it does anyway!?

| I know we added a hack to kxkb to set the encoding Qt should use for
| characters you type, but I guess you're not using kxkb, right?

Nope :)

--
That my ship was below them