List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Docs question?
From:       Wolfram Diestel <wolfram () steloj ! de>
Date:       2000-09-28 21:04:54

Je Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Eric Bischoff skribis:

>> For me worked the following:
>>
>>   /usr/share/sgml/jade_dsl/catalog:
>>     CATALOG "/usr/share/sgml/CATALOG.docbk31"
>>     CATALOG "/usr/share/sgml/CATALOG.docbkdsl"
>
>There are a lot of ways to have docbook work, but I would encourage
>everyone has the same setup. You seem to have been reinventing
>centralized catalogs, Wolfram, but you put them at completly wrong
>places (they should be in /etc/sgml, have other names, there should be
>subdirectories in /usr/share/sgml, etc).

May be my approach was from an older version of jade.
It was the fastest way to get compile the Docs. This description
in the INSTALL file I understand only now, after your intervention.
But what's wrong with "centralized catalogs"?

>So please do not describe any setup (even working ones) on the mailing
>lists other than the one described in kdelibs/ksgmltools/INSTALL, it
>will lower the level of confusion that already exists and ease my work
>;-).
>
>I'm sure you understand my point.

Yes I understand :)
But because there were no answer to Markos question I tried to help him
as I knew.

Wouldn't it be possible to add this catalog issue to the configure
scripts. I think most people would expect that the Docs are "compiled"
automagically if the make doesn't fail.

--
Wolfram Diestel <wolfram@steloj.de> http://www.steloj.de/