List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Docs question?
From:       Eric Bischoff <ebisch () cybercable ! tm ! fr>
Date:       2000-09-28 14:54:07

Wolfram Diestel wrote:

> Je Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Marko Rosic skribis:
>
> >I don't see any docs in my KDE2... I have installed the latest sgmltools,
> >but still I don't get any.
> >
> >Right now I'm compiling kdeutils package and it says something like this
> >
> >jade:.././index.docbook:397:15:E: element "ACTION" undefined
> >
> >... and so on.
>
> I think there should be another message before all this "element
> undefined" messages, saying something like "couldn't resolve public
> identifier ..."

I think the same. Please always give the first error messages.

> For me worked the following:
>
>   /usr/share/sgml/jade_dsl/catalog:
>     CATALOG "/usr/share/sgml/CATALOG.docbk31"
>     CATALOG "/usr/share/sgml/CATALOG.docbkdsl"

There are a lot of ways to have docbook work, but I would encourage
everyone has the same setup. You seem to have been reinventing
centralized catalogs, Wolfram, but you put them at completly wrong
places (they should be in /etc/sgml, have other names, there should be
subdirectories in /usr/share/sgml, etc).

So please do not describe any setup (even working ones) on the mailing
lists other than the one described in kdelibs/ksgmltools/INSTALL, it
will lower the level of confusion that already exists and ease my work
;-).

I'm sure you understand my point.

--
 Éric Bischoff   -   mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr