List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: koffice translations!!!
From:       Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes <ai98ghk () stud ! hib ! no>
Date:       2000-09-27 13:23:26

-----Original Message-----
From: Tinkl Luk=E1=B9
To: 'kde-i18n-doc@master.kde.org'
Sent: 27.09.00 14:14

> Moreover, I had to
> correct each and every function, because kspread now uses a colon as
> parameter separator and respects the locale. So I had to translate =
all
> of them according to our locale, including the thousands and decimal
> separator. :-((

At least one good thing - KSpread finally respects the locale settings. =
But
couldn't all function examples be described in *one* string? Like:
  "%1 equals %2"
... which in KSpread becomes ...
  "acos(0) equals 1.57079633" (and all others ...)

Since the user can override locale settings, English users may use a =
comma
(or Norwegian users a period) as decimal separator. Then, %2 in the =
string
above should be a *computed* value, based on the *current* settings.

The way KSpread's function examples is organised now just make a lot of
extra work for translators.

Regards,
 Gaute Hvoslef Kvalnes
 Norwegian (Nynorsk) KDE: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/no_NY/