List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: errors, errors, errors
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <th.diehl () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-07-17 16:00:31

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Rinse de Vries wrote:

> >May I remind everybody that KBabel has an automatic syntax check (which
> >avoids almost all of the usual errors from the outset) and also has the
> >capability to copy the original message into the "msgstr" area on
> >pressing ctrl+spacebar?
> >
> >The latter is especially helpful if you want to avoid the many errors
> >of the type "Name=xyz doesn't fit tag" when translating desktop.po.
> >Just press ctrl+spacebar in KBabel to copy the original string into
> >your translation; then overwrite the part past the "=" with your own
> >stuff. Result: no more tagging errors.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Thomas
> >
> Hmm,. the funny thing is that these files are translated with the use of
> KBabel by Otto.

See Stephan's to Federico mail on the subject. For my part, I did not
say that KBabel automatically prevents tagging errors (although it
would be great if it could do this on top of its syntax check). I only
said that it provides a handy mechanism to minimize these errors as
well. But people have to use this feature, of course.

Regards,

Thomas