List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: How to test desktop.mo in KDE2 without committing to CVS
From:       Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram <sshanmu () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-04-10 5:52:49

All,

I am still to find a way to test desktop.mo in KDE2.
I can see my translation for applications
(like kcontrol, kedit,...), but the desktop.po
translation is not appearing in my KDE start menu. It
still shows English.

I tried the following.
* translated ta/messages/desktop.po
* make install
it wouldnt work.
* from kde-i18n directory, did a make install
it still doesnt work
* did a 'make desktops' from kde-i18n
* some errors appeared (tag does not fit...)
* did 'make install' from kdebase, kdelibs,
kdenetwork,...
still it wouldnt work.

Please, please, please. Somebody tell me where I am
going wrong.

Siva