List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Statistics based lexica
From:       Logi Ragnarsson <logir () logi ! org>
Date:       2000-03-27 13:25:09

Hi!

I've been experimentin a bit with statistidcs based guessing of translations
of single words and wrote a small utility to build a lexicon from a pile of
PO files. Some results (Icelandic, Italian and German but I can add more)
can be seen at http://www.logi.org/lexicon/guess/. I don't know how well it
works for other languages, but for Icelandic it is fair but not perfect. I
expect it will be better for German (more po files to work with) and Italian
(less disparity in the grammar) but I don't know. I don't know German and my
Italian is terrible.

If this looks useful I can automagically update these lists periaodically as
the PO's change and add more languages.

Bless,
Logi

--=20
Logi Ragnarsson (logir@logi.org)  |  Some day we all shall be out of scope
PGP/GPG key ID: 1024R/42935585    |  Sex, Maths & Rock'n'Roll!