List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Language setting: help please
From:       Hans Petter Bieker <bieker () stud ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       1999-12-28 18:14:34

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Claudiu Costin wrote:

> For locale (monetary, time date etc.) all it's fine.
> But, language combobox contain only C(default) language.
> I installed MO files from KDE-1.1.2 in
> /opt/kde/share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES (even "charset" file).

kcmlocale scans for entry.desktop files. KDE 1.1.2 didn't have a
entry.desktop files, everything was in kcmlocalerc. Just grab kde-i18n,
configure and run make all install in kde-i18n/ro or copy the
entry.desktop file from kde-i18n/ro/messages to /opt/kde/share/local/ro.

>   Also, unicode and fonts (iso-8859-2) make me sad because
> I cannot test PO translation. It's a MUST resolve thing
> because i18n non-8859-1 teams will not work. Romanian
> team have less people on doc+i18n and time when KDE2.0

I'm not sure how this worked in KDE 1.1.x. The current kcmlocale doesn't
know anyting about charsets. Changing the language with the current
kcmlocale doesn't change the charset. That might be wrong since the po
files are stored using different charsets. Maybe
KLocale::setLanguage() should be fixed.

-bieker-

Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Engineering Cybernetics
                 bieker@stud.ntnu.no / bieker@kde.org