List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Language setting: help please
From:       Wolfram Diestel <wolfram () steloj ! de>
Date:       1999-12-28 19:02:19

Je Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Claudiu Costin skribis:
>Dear developers and i18n+doc masters,
>
> Please tell me how can I make my kde-2.0a
>to allow setting Romanian language in Control Center.

You should add a directory for your country under kdebase/l10n.
Read the README file there for details. Otherwise you
must find your language in the "Other" list of the
language combo in kcontrol.

>  Also, unicode and fonts (iso-8859-2) make me sad because
>I cannot test PO translation. It's a MUST resolve thing
>because i18n non-8859-1 teams will not work.

In KRASH you cannot set the language charset directly.
You should set an environment variable LANG=ro or similar.
If Qt knows about the language ro it uses a convenient
charset everywhere. I'm not very content with this solution too.
I hope that the developers make KDE2 more flexible before
the release 2.0, but this LANG=... should work for you
to make translations.

--
Wolfram Diestel <wolfram@steloj.de> http://www.steloj.de/